17 July 2009

Living with life's imperfections

I just got back from completing a myriad chores, in the hot Malaysian afternoon. After dropping my son off at school, I went to look at some garden furniture; sorted out some banking; picked up some groceries; picked up a couple of indoor plants from the nursery; and renewed my road tax. I was positively dehydrated by the time I got home. Greeted by the dogs and a quiet house - I knew my lil girl was having her afternoon nap.

After a refreshing shower, I checked my email - there was one waiting for me from a good friend. She said she likes my blog and that I spelled out the challenges I faced moving to Ipoh, without trying to dish out any solutions. Life is often just that. Living with its imperfections. Often, we don't have the solutions. Sometimes it's just living with the questions....with a smile and a grateful heart, we'll be ok. Just what I needed to hear - sometimes just what we all need to be reminded of. Gratitude, count our blessings and have time to smile at our fellow human beings.

The fact that I have the mobility and energy to go about doing so many chores, that I have a car to drive about, that I have the opportunity to stay full time at home with my family like I wanted to, that we have a roof over our heads and health in our bodies - these are great blessings from God. My humble thanks.

My friend is so wise - I dedicate today's blog entry to you. You know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment