My green grass is now yellow and crackles under your feet. I struggle to keep my herbs and potted plants and fruit trees green.
But that is Mother Nature and I respect that. You will give us rain when you want to.
So.... I don't feel like hot rice and dishes for dinner. 2 nights ago, I made roast chicken thighs, cold mashed potato and a fruity-salad. Much better.
Last night I decided we would go with cold soba.
So I visited Midori , a new Japanese mini market that opened in Ipoh 7 months ago to pick up some additional cha soba (green tea Japanese buckwheat noodles) and suyu. I added breaded scallops and marinated seaweed to my basket.
It was a refreshing dinner ... we almost finished 600g of soba.
- Boil the soba in unsalted boiling-then-simmering water till right (taste it)
- I used Kombu Suyu and diluted it with water till it tasted right
- Chill the cooked soba and place ice cubes under it before serving
- Use Miso paste to make the Miso soup. I added a tube of soft tofu, strips of dried toasted seaweed and chopped spring onions
- I Air Fried my 24 piece of breaded scallops
- Serve chopped spring onions and the marinated seaweed as side dishes
- A small dish of Wasabi
Simple, healthy and cool!