12 September 2013

Bio-essence Bird’s Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Series

The Chinese love their bird's nest soup, believing that it nourishes your skin and improves your general health. It tastes delicious enough, double boiled with rock sugar and little hard-boiled quail's eggs.

Having been quite happy with Bio-Essence's ATP range (the blue bottles), I decided to try their Bird's Nest range.

I must say the  Bio-Essence Bird's Nest range is disappointing. And it didn't do (for me, anyway) any of the things Bio Essence claims this range would.

Bio Essence said that the Bird's Nest range would bring your complexion to a new level of ultimate radiance and vitality with its powerful anti-aging and whitening care range.

Feed your skin with Bird’s Nest everyday!
Formulated with premium grade pure bird’s nest essence and amino acid whitening complex for an effective anti-aging and whitening solution, you can now easily incorporate these elixirs of beauty to your daily skin care regime with the Bio-essence Bird’s Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening series.


Bird's nest contains a high concentration of up to 85% water soluble glycoprotein, amino acids, and Epidermic Growth Factors that promote cell growth and tissue repair. Consequently, the process of ageing is retarded through the antioxidant content in the bird's nest. Besides, minerals such as calcium, sodium, potassium also increase the body's resistance against disease.


I tried the Bio-essence Bird’s Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Cleanser.


First off, this cleanser does not cleanse well at all.

Those with oily or combination skin like me will find that you will definitely have to double-cleanse if you use this. Otherwise, it fails to cleanse the day's dust, dirt, oils and makeup from your face.


Even then, after I used the whole tube of the cleanser, I found that I had developed quite a number of oil seeds at the base of my hairline on my forehead.


I also used the Bio-essence Bird’s Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Cream.

The texture is creamy, thick and cooling. But despite its rich texture, the Bird's Nest Cream does not deliver the needed moisture to your skin.

As for the whitening claims, there was no visible effect (I completed using the whole tub). In fact, shortly after finishing the Bio Essence Bird's Nest Cleanser and Cream, I had gone for a facial at Shakura , where the beautician there said my skin was dehydrated! So there.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment