11 May 2018

Malaysia, A New Beginning

May 9, 2018.

A date that will go down in Malaysia's history as the day her rakyat went to the polls for the 14th General Elections and voted overwhelmingly to remove the ruling coalition of Barisan Nasional from helming the nation.

BN has ruled Malaysia since independence - for 6 long decades.

This achievement by the rakyat is spectacular given Malaysia's colorful multi-ethnic and multi-religion population.

There is so much euphoria and so much news coverage and articles being written and disseminated even as I type this.

There is no need for me to write more.

I only want to write this short piece here, on my blog, for me to look back on and for my children to look back on many years from now.

So that we will always remember that power, in a democratic country, lies in the rakyat, not in the politicians and definitely not in an ineffective, arrogant, disconnected and increasingly corrupt government. 

I am Malaysian. And I am proud.

May God bless Tun Mahathir, the oldest Prime Minister in the world, and Malaysia.





No comments:

Post a Comment